Important Update...

Visit: Your Spirit Rocks! on Facebook . Our vendors booth appears every other week at the local Farmer's Market(s)

Friday, June 16, 2023

Having Fun with AR

Although I am not a big fan of acronymns, AR ( augmented reality ) is a technology worth exploring. Especially if you have an iPhone. Their is an App called Metascan™, which when downloaded to one of the newer IPhone models, it will prompt you to take a bunch of pictures all around an object...in this case, a rock. Which upon taking about 50 pics you would then upload all of them and wait as they are processed (It doesn't take long, about five minutes ). What then happens is that it will render a 3D image which can be viewed in a variety of positions. Below is a video which sort of gives you an idea. Click on the link here:

https://vimeo.com/837071747?share=copy

After the object is rendered, it is then possible to place it in any enviroment you wish. In this case, I thought it would be fun to resize it and put it on the potty. The little green yoga skeleton is sitting on a rock cushion that was painted for this very reason.
The skeleton is not one of my pieces, but I thought I would share it with you anyway. :-)



Trust me, I did not have a rock this big sitting on my toilet.






No comments:

Post a Comment