The pursuit of beauty is a never ending journey.It is not true that an artist is never satisfied. The satisfaction one may experience in completing a work may be true, but it is transitory. However, when an artist rests on their laurels, they will probably not be able to discover what the next adventure will be. Whether or not the medium is the message or the message becomes the medium, Marshall McLuhan had it right. We have to keep moving on.
The work I've been most attracted to has been that which can be called Illuminating.In other words, it takes on a different character depending on the light that surrounds it.
An artist I've come to appreciate is Alex Aliume ( appropriately named ) His gallery is called Aliume Art and is located in New York. Although I have not visited this gallery, it is my hope that I will before I pass over into the next realm
At 75 years of age, I feel that my work will continue to be elevated by this man's creative pursuit. I am encouraged to continue along with mutual appreciation and inspiration.Below is a project that showcases a direction I intend to develop...

No comments:
Post a Comment