Important Update...

Visit: Your Spirit Rocks! on Facebook . Our vendors booth appears every other week at the local Farmer's Market(s)

Tuesday, July 23, 2019

This Week's Rock of the Week

Today was an interesting day. I was listening to a podcast about "Forest Bathing" and thought, I really should be outside. I've been thinking about this a lot lately. It is summertime, it's hot, yet why not enjoy the mornings or late afternoons in a forest before the sun goes down. Bothe Park is just that place for me. The tall redwoods and active creek make for that perfect communion with nature. Then it happened. Wham! I trip on a rock and down I go. You see the day was just divine so I broke into a run along the trail right before I fell. Needless to say, my life has begun to slow down, as my broken rib and sprained wrist heal. Ouch!

It's been said that we teach best what we need to learn ourselves. Well, what a lesson that was. Now I have taken to not just painting rocks, but meditating as they are being painted. It's peaceful at my place. Good music, a pot of coffee and I'm in the zone, usually coming up for air around 4pm in the afternoon. This has been my life for the past six years at least. What started out as a groove has turned into a rut lately. Now I'm reinventing myself as I seek greener pastures. The rock business has been about the same. Some days a grind, some days a groove. A wonderful time was had in Healdsburg however, at the "Art After Dark" event just off the square, last Friday night. Although I was sore from taking that fall, I was still able to put up the canopy, make lots of sales and take Saturday off.

The rock below is a trend started a week or so ago. It reminds me of a Clifford Still painting with the elongated strokes of color. Although I didn't paint with phosphorescent Glominex™ on the rock itself, it's got reactive paint to stun the viewer when observed under the UV blacklight.


No comments:

Post a Comment