Important Update...

Visit: Your Spirit Rocks! on Facebook . Our vendors booth appears every other week at the local Farmer's Market(s)

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

This Week's Rock

I would like to dedicate this weeks rock to Gary Dahl who passed away on March 23rd. He was 78. Gary was the founder of the "Pet Rock" which was a very popular item in the 1970's. He made over 1.5 million in it's first year out. I never owned one, and many have suggested that the rocks I sell were an extension of his idea. I cannot argue with that.It can be said however that the rocks I paint are more elaborate.The rock you see here is called, "Mandala Starburst". This rock is a Mexican Pebble Rock that was found to be perfectly round in shape naturally! It looks especially vibrant with copper coloring and a fire motif that can be viewed under a black light.

No comments:

Post a Comment