Today is August 28th, and the weather is finally cooling down a bit here in Calistoga. Later today, I will be seeing an art collector who has become a patron of my work for some time now. She lives in a community of warm-hearted people, otherwise known as a senior citizens.Her place is liveable, and somewhat aesthetically pleasing.
Now that I've been seeking other horizons, my art work has evolved from small canvases (like the size of gift rocks, for instance) to actual canvases that would be somewhat larger. My goal is to eventually showcase work in a darkend gallery.The task of putting together a show or body of work that may be dubbed signature pieces, takes time.
Here is a link to a fellow artist who does what I think want to do for myself.
His work is otherworldly. The painting he does reflects a lot of what i've wanted to achieve too, but I'm a long ways off even if the directon of optical illumination and the discovery of luminescent/fluorescent paint happens to be the medium of choice.
I don't regret all the experiences I've had getting to where I am today. I've been able to acquire valuable skills in a quest for recognition and compensation.
Personally, despite a long circuitous route involving addiction(s) and the life of a wannabe playboy, I doubt that anyone else would choose the pinball type of game my working life has been.
The best employment salary I was able to secure rendered not more than thirteen dollars an hour, and those were the hospitality jobs that kept me motivated to stay long after I shoud have left.
Pursuing the career of a serious artist is not all that it is cracked up to be. Keeping a roof over one's head, and staying fed is what every aspirant must focus on when beginning a journey of this type. Mine has been no exception.
Here is a sample of some work from the past:


No comments:
Post a Comment