Important Update...

Visit: Your Spirit Rocks! on Facebook . Our vendors booth appears every other week at the local Farmer's Market(s)

Tuesday, February 21, 2023

A Belated Valentines day

    Today is the 21st of February, so it is a week after Valentine's Day and a day after President's Day. I love it that we have these days that make the season of Winter more bearable. I did receive some well wishes from my loved ones, and am more hopeful for a brighter future for everyone in our attempts in following our own best advice in 2023. 

    As for myself, I've taken to things like eating nutritious food, exercising regularly, meditating and paying attention to my craft in such a way that I am not merely repeating old patterns. Returning to painting with a materials like glitter, crackle, resin, ink, and puff paint are usually very effective in  producing positive results. 

 It takes a long time to master the applications however, because they are viscous, gummy, cloggy, messy and expensive.The results rendered may be abstract and colorful, yet knowing when to back off before "Gilding the Lillie" takes place, and it then becomes a necessary challenge to achieve a desirable outcome.

Here's a quick video for all of you who find my rocks to be special gifts for that special someone. 




No comments:

Post a Comment