Important Update...

Visit: Your Spirit Rocks! on Facebook . Our vendors booth appears every other week at the local Farmer's Market(s)

Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Scaling Down a notch

I do enjoy painting rocks, but at my age, I need to get out a little more often than I do. Today I went for a run around the track at RLS Junior High in St. Helena. The heat was unbearable but I ran 10 laps ( I really should say that I walked 5 and jogged 5 with numerous water breaks in between ) but it felt good. More about that later. Last Saturday, I brought out my little 5X5 Canopy enclosed to make a dark room which I call the "Night Gallery".Unfortunately, even with a fan inside, it still baked. Besides which, not that many people noticed or cared to walk inside.

Upon taking it down later, it occurred to me that I have far too much stuff to pack and unpack, so in the future, I will be bringing less inventory and using the small canopy as an open-air solution ( no need to put all the UV lights up when I have a hand-held model ). Lastly, I've been taking more time with my creations, so you will see the quality of the painted rocks improve considerably. However, you will not see as many on display. The rock below is a custom job that was done for a special friend who is partial to black cats. See you on Saturday!


No comments:

Post a Comment