Important Update...

Visit: Your Spirit Rocks! on Facebook . Our vendors booth appears every other week at the local Farmer's Market(s)

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

The Labyrinth

Yesterday, I met with my friend Marnie Cunningham.We worked together at the Culinary Institute of America at Greystone in St.Helena.She is a very warm-hearted person who is known and loved by many people in the town of St. Helena where she lives.Marnie and I have stayed in touch over the years and she has recently moved on from her position as Concierge at the C.I.A.

Well, yesterday we met for coffee and afterwards went down the street to the Episcopal church where a new Labyrinth had been constructed.It was about three in the afternoon when we set out to "walk the path" of this entire maze which lay before us.All in all, it took about 20 minutes(I am guessing, because the experience of time took on a curious point of focus for the both of us)

Then after we had traversed the path to completion, we reflected on what it meant to do this exercise.Interestingly, we both agreed that it felt spiritual and significant in a way that was not easy to articulate.She remarked that it was a good thing that I was wearing my "Spirit Rock" pendant, which I always seem to have on. Not thinking too much about it,I came to realize that I had one very similar one in my car which would be a perfect gift for Marnie.

She accepted it graciously and it now represents a certain spiritual bond that we both can share. I am truly grateful for our time as co-workers, but more importantly, our time spent as friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment