Important Update...

Visit: Your Spirit Rocks! on Facebook . Our vendors booth appears every other week at the local Farmer's Market(s)

Monday, June 15, 2015

Moving to 3-D

Painting on Rocks with variations of the color orange will bring images forward, especially if they are on a green or blue background. The fish I am displaying here are really fun to look at with a pair of 3-D glasses. It will be as if the fish is floating on top of the rock. I intentionally added seaweed both in front of; and behind the fish. This enhances the illusion of depth.Goldfish are one of my favorite motifs. They are so graceful and beautiful to watch,particularly when looking at them from above in a coy pond. I may have future images from that perspective.The Russian Orthodox Church here in Calistoga has a wonderful coy pond inside their courtyard.This is where I get my inspiration.

Natural light

Under a blacklight

2 comments:

  1. What kind of paints do you use and do you have to prime the rocks with a base coat first? These are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete