Important Update...

Visit: Your Spirit Rocks! on Facebook . Our vendors booth appears every other week at the local Farmer's Market(s)

Monday, September 15, 2014

Blistering Hot Show

Literally. Yesterday started out on a very pleasant note. I met some wonderful folks from many different parts of the country who came to the Calistoga Art Center Show to see a variety of local art displayed. After setting up the vendors spaces with their own tables, chairs and display boards, I found my usual spot underneath a tree close to the community center to be ideal... at least from 9am to around 11am. After that, all bets were off.

The temperature quickly rose above the ninety degree mark and did not let up. Smearing myself with plenty of sunblock and drinking lots of water, I somehow made it through the day, but it was not very pleasant.

Sales were decent though, and I am grateful to all those that found their rock to take home with them. The other artists who displayed their work were all  pretty cheerful and upbeat as far as I could tell. All in all it turned out to be a good day.

A woman named Barbara came by with her husband Bill who was a former California Highway Patrolman. They were very nice people who were out exploring the neighborhood and took the time to talk. He ended up purchasing a rock for his wife with the word "Faith" painted on it. She seemed to me to be a living example of it.

Thanks you all for making this late summer day a special one.

"Your Spirit Rocks!"


No comments:

Post a Comment